In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31502
- 1 of 432
The news stream
- Key warns of big pay equity costs 88
- Two 'funding pathways' for Auckland transport 42
- RBNZ drops talk of future rate hikes 27
- 'OBR supports stability of banking system' 22
- English reminds savers of no guarantee 19
- Groser fears US/Japan dairy side-deal 16
- Auckland Mayor tweaks commercial vs residential rates 13
- 90 seconds at 9 am: US Fed ends QE 12
- A critique of RBNZ risk management 11
- Friday's guest Top 10 9
NZ First leader Winston Peters expels MP Brendan Horan from caucus after receiving 'substantive information'
New Zealand First leader Winston Peters has expelled Tauranga-based MP Brendan Horan from the Party's caucus after receiving "substantive information" relating to a family matter Horan is involved in.
Watch Peters talking to media in Parliament Buildings in the video above.
Watch the statement Peters made to Parliament in the video below.
"The information we have received leaves me in a position where I have no confidence in Mr Horan's ability to continue as a member of parliament and he will be expelled from the NZ First caucus forthwith," Peters said.
He said it was Horan's duty to resign as a Member of Parliament.
Earlier in the day Horan's lawyers had issued a statement saying Horan wished to return to Parliament. He had been told by Peters to not come back until the family matter, relating to allegations about the estate of Horan's mother, had been sorted out.