In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31446
- 1 of 431
The news stream
- My favourite topic – your golden watch 32
- OCR seen on hold until Sept 2015 31
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Australia squeezed 24
- Wheeler says LVR review coming in November 23
- Fletcher wins government housing contract 19
- Does money make money? 17
- What happened Thursday 13
- Banks 'can and will be allowed to fail' 9
- Vendors holding out for more at apartment auction 9
- Wealth incentivises the heart of capitalism 5
NZ First leader Winston Peters expels MP Brendan Horan from caucus after receiving 'substantive information'
New Zealand First leader Winston Peters has expelled Tauranga-based MP Brendan Horan from the Party's caucus after receiving "substantive information" relating to a family matter Horan is involved in.
Watch Peters talking to media in Parliament Buildings in the video above.
Watch the statement Peters made to Parliament in the video below.
"The information we have received leaves me in a position where I have no confidence in Mr Horan's ability to continue as a member of parliament and he will be expelled from the NZ First caucus forthwith," Peters said.
He said it was Horan's duty to resign as a Member of Parliament.
Earlier in the day Horan's lawyers had issued a statement saying Horan wished to return to Parliament. He had been told by Peters to not come back until the family matter, relating to allegations about the estate of Horan's mother, had been sorted out.