In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 25924
- 1 of 365
Finance sector jobs
Motivated by targets? Strong Sales orientation? Use your Funds management and investment k...more
Our client a boutique private client financial planning practise located in Melbourne, is ...more
The news stream
- Women tops in Auckland real estate 76
- 90 seconds at 9 am: American QE 66
- How different is Auckland from the rest of NZ? 43
- Mighty River 'myth busted' 29
- Thursday's Top 10 with NZ Mint 17
- Friday's Top 10 with NZ Mint 15
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Markets spooked 15
- China meat delay resolved 10
- Poll shows opposition to LVR limits 9
- ANZ's 'best ever' home loan offer 6
NZ First leader Winston Peters expels MP Brendan Horan from caucus after receiving 'substantive information'
New Zealand First leader Winston Peters has expelled Tauranga-based MP Brendan Horan from the Party's caucus after receiving "substantive information" relating to a family matter Horan is involved in.
Watch Peters talking to media in Parliament Buildings in the video above.
Watch the statement Peters made to Parliament in the video below.
"The information we have received leaves me in a position where I have no confidence in Mr Horan's ability to continue as a member of parliament and he will be expelled from the NZ First caucus forthwith," Peters said.
He said it was Horan's duty to resign as a Member of Parliament.
Earlier in the day Horan's lawyers had issued a statement saying Horan wished to return to Parliament. He had been told by Peters to not come back until the family matter, relating to allegations about the estate of Horan's mother, had been sorted out.