A SPECIAL KIWIFRUIT OPPORTUNITY – MATAKANA ISLAND, TAURANGA
18 Opureora Road, Matakana Island, Western Bay Of Plenty
$4,195,000 plus GST (if any)
About the propertyLand Area: 9.99 ha
Located on its own peninsula this Matakana Island kiwifruit orchard property offers advantages not always found in other locations.
Apart from the idyllic location overlooking the sparkling waters of Tauranga harbour and obvious benefits of three titles, a productive avocado planting plus the comfortable three - bedroom residence.
This unique site benefits from a combination of climate, soils and location that regularly result in early seasonal development and maturation of both kiwifruit and avocado varieties. Therefore, this orchard provides an opportunity for the establishment of high value kiwifruit varieties such as Gold 3 and Zespri Red and benefit from early harvest and high ‘taste’ premiums. The Island has seen the establishment of kiwifruit and avocado orchards on an increasing scale taking advantage of proximity to labour supply, reliable barge and water taxi transportation and post- harvest facilities.
- Two titles – Combined area – 7.75 hectares.
- Planted area – A commercial 5.35 canopy hectares ‘Zespri Green’ kiwifruit.
- Approximately 100 producing avocado trees. Handy extra income.
- Early flowering and harvest history. Ideal Gold 3 or Zespri ‘Red’ variety development may provide for significantly increased orchard returns.
- Easy to manage flat contour, new pergola and end assembly structures throughout.
- Deep-water bore and irrigation throughout.
- Located almost next to boat ramp and jetty, convenient for transportation of fruit and staff.
- Management of orchard available through local services or as provided currently by Post Harvest operations.
The residence, located on its own 2.24 ha title, is nestled within spacious grounds that feature mature walnut and avocado trees. The understated easy living single level three bedroom plus office family home provides for permanent living or equally as a cosy weekender to be enjoyed as time permits. A short stroll will find you swimming or fishing from the beach below your front lawn while you will never tire of evenings on the deck gazing across the sparkling waters of Tauranga Harbour to the city and ‘the Mount’ beyond. Easy access to services is a short trip to Omokoroa by a frequent ferry service.
This unique combination of an orcharding activity combined with such an idyllic Island location so close to the city and services is rarely to be found
PURCHASE OPTIONS – the two orchard titles only - $2,995,000; orchard including residential lot - $4,195,000. Contact us for more information or to view this great property now. This property is plus GST (if any)
- Land Area: 9.9947ha
- Home size: 210m²
- Planted Area: 5.365ha Hayward green kiwifruit & 100 early producing avocado trees
- Orchard management available through post harvest operators
- Flat contour with new pergola and assembly structures throughout
- Suitable for G3 or new red variety development
- Deep water bore with irrigation system
- For Sale by Asking Price $4,195,000 plus GST (if any)
More information: https://www.colliers.co.nz/p-NZL67012200