In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30460
- 1 of 417
The news stream
- National lead slumps in Roy Morgan poll 54
- Craig, Peters slam Lochinver sale to Pengxin 48
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 29
- The bank wins, savers lose 29
- Risk of big house price fall 'moderating' 10
- What happened Wednesday 10
- Trade Me concedes to agents on fees 9
- Youi enters NZ insurance market 5
- ASB NZ's 'most liked' Facebook bank 4
- Harmoney to start trading 'very soon' 3
Have your say: English says it's time to withdraw stimulus
In an indication of what might come in the 2010 budget, Finance Minister Bill English yesterday said the government would be withdrawing stimulus and spending in 2010, the Associated Press reported on Stuff.
"We are pulling back from pumping money in," he said. "The concern is that the United States needs to keep stimulating their economy because it's in a pretty bad shape. We are in a better shape, we can afford to pull back and get a more balanced recovery so that the private sector can get up and running, providing new jobs."
Your view? How tough will Budget 2010 have to be?