In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31031
- 1 of 426
The news stream
- NZ First up to 8% in Roy Morgan poll 101
- Polls show National likely to win 52
- What Winston or Colin might demand 44
- NIMBYs by a different mother 30
- Immigration hits new record 16
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 16
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Waiting for Scotland 12
- Mortgagee sale achieves 7% yield 9
- China's 'Fox Hunt 2014' targets NZ 9
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Big China decisions 7
Have your say: English says it's time to withdraw stimulus
In an indication of what might come in the 2010 budget, Finance Minister Bill English yesterday said the government would be withdrawing stimulus and spending in 2010, the Associated Press reported on Stuff.
"We are pulling back from pumping money in," he said. "The concern is that the United States needs to keep stimulating their economy because it's in a pretty bad shape. We are in a better shape, we can afford to pull back and get a more balanced recovery so that the private sector can get up and running, providing new jobs."
Your view? How tough will Budget 2010 have to be?