In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30703
- 1 of 420
The news stream
- Key says Greens smoking pot on Budget 83
- A New York Yankee in the Wairarapa 67
- Key and National down in DigiPoll 55
- Annual net migration headed for 50,000 39
- Climate change issues for the election 21
- 'Get in now and fix your borrowings' 13
- Friday's guest Top 10 13
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 13
- CEO pay packets: Regulate to stop inequality? 9
- 'Fonterra of forestry' initiative unveiled 7
RaboDirect to sponsor TVNZ's new current affairs show Seven Sharp
RaboDirect, Rabobank's online banking unit, is to sponsor Television New Zealand's new current affairs show Seven Sharp.
Melanie Templeton, RaboDirect's general manager said in a statement Seven Sharp was looking to take current affairs digital.
"As an online savings specialist we feel we will both appeal to internet-savvy viewers who are socially aware and up with the play. We were very impressed with the calibre of those involved and TVNZ’s commitment to the show. We are really excited and looking forward to this partnership," said Templeton.
The statement quoted TVNZ head of sales Jeremy O’Brien saying RaboDirect's team was quick to see the benefits in something new and different..
"And we have every confidence their faith will be rewarded. Over time we expect to introduce a level of innovation in this partnership that reflects the very different nature of the programme," O'Brien said.