In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
The news stream
- Key warns of big pay equity costs 88
- Two 'funding pathways' for Auckland transport 42
- English reminds savers of no guarantee 28
- RBNZ drops talk of future rate hikes 27
- Auckland Mayor tweaks commercial vs residential rates 16
- What happened today 12
- Friday's guest Top 10 12
- ANZ NZ annual profit up 25% 12
- 90 seconds at 9 am: US Fed ends QE 12
- A critique of RBNZ risk management 11
RaboDirect to sponsor TVNZ's new current affairs show Seven Sharp
RaboDirect, Rabobank's online banking unit, is to sponsor Television New Zealand's new current affairs show Seven Sharp.
Melanie Templeton, RaboDirect's general manager said in a statement Seven Sharp was looking to take current affairs digital.
"As an online savings specialist we feel we will both appeal to internet-savvy viewers who are socially aware and up with the play. We were very impressed with the calibre of those involved and TVNZ’s commitment to the show. We are really excited and looking forward to this partnership," said Templeton.
The statement quoted TVNZ head of sales Jeremy O’Brien saying RaboDirect's team was quick to see the benefits in something new and different..
"And we have every confidence their faith will be rewarded. Over time we expect to introduce a level of innovation in this partnership that reflects the very different nature of the programme," O'Brien said.