In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 28156
- 1 of 394
The news stream
- RBNZ exempts new house construction from LVRs 120
- You want a green economy? Support mining! 44
- House prices soar, sales weak 35
- RBNZ lifts interest rate forecast 34
- Fonterra slashes profit forecast, axes dividend 23
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Volcker rule flies 15
- 'No investment is absolutely guaranteed' 10
- Bernard's Top 10 9
- English eyes regulatory 'health check' 8
- Housing loans bouncing back 5
RaboDirect to sponsor TVNZ's new current affairs show Seven Sharp
RaboDirect, Rabobank's online banking unit, is to sponsor Television New Zealand's new current affairs show Seven Sharp.
Melanie Templeton, RaboDirect's general manager said in a statement Seven Sharp was looking to take current affairs digital.
"As an online savings specialist we feel we will both appeal to internet-savvy viewers who are socially aware and up with the play. We were very impressed with the calibre of those involved and TVNZ’s commitment to the show. We are really excited and looking forward to this partnership," said Templeton.
The statement quoted TVNZ head of sales Jeremy O’Brien saying RaboDirect's team was quick to see the benefits in something new and different..
"And we have every confidence their faith will be rewarded. Over time we expect to introduce a level of innovation in this partnership that reflects the very different nature of the programme," O'Brien said.