In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
The news stream
- Stop student loan 'parasites' like me 96
- Auckland home building rates slide vs rest of NZ 49
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Rates flatten 47
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Dairy prices up 30
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 21
- 'Value transfer' from savers to borrowers expected 19
- On the first day of Christmas... 12
- Farm sales steady but dairy units slide 10
- Public Service CEO salaries 9
- Treasury forecasts deficit in 2014/15 9
New look website coming from ASB as the bank seeks a 'fashionable new look'
ASB will unveil changes to its online image next week as it seeks a "fresher, more modern look and feel" and more consistency across its various websites.
The ASB Blog revealed on Tuesday that: "From next week we’ll be refreshing the way our websites look without interrupting the way you bank."
It went on to say that although things might look different, internet banking security won't be affected.
"In fact updating our websites is kind of like your local branch manager getting a different haircut; you should expect the same great service just with a fashionable new look," the blog added.
"You’ll start noticing these changes on asb.co.nz, FastNet Classic web and mobile versions, FastNet Business, Virtual branch and our social media pages. So keep an eye out, and let us know what you think."
Asked for further comment an ASB spokesman said the bank would be upgrading its website over the next week to give it a "fresher, more modern look and feel" and greater consistency across its assorted websites.
"So it’s more a case of implementing some cosmetic changes as opposed to significant functional ones," the ASB spokesman said.
Last month he told interest.co.nz ASB staff were working with their advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi on the "next phase" of brand development.
This article was first published in our email for paid subscribers. See here for more details and to subscribe.