In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31447
- 1 of 431
The news stream
- My favourite topic – your golden watch 32
- OCR seen on hold until Sept 2015 31
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Australia squeezed 24
- Wheeler says LVR review coming in November 23
- Fletcher wins government housing contract 19
- Does money make money? 17
- What happened Thursday 13
- Banks 'can and will be allowed to fail' 9
- Vendors holding out for more at apartment auction 9
- Wealth incentivises the heart of capitalism 8
New look website coming from ASB as the bank seeks a 'fashionable new look'
ASB will unveil changes to its online image next week as it seeks a "fresher, more modern look and feel" and more consistency across its various websites.
The ASB Blog revealed on Tuesday that: "From next week we’ll be refreshing the way our websites look without interrupting the way you bank."
It went on to say that although things might look different, internet banking security won't be affected.
"In fact updating our websites is kind of like your local branch manager getting a different haircut; you should expect the same great service just with a fashionable new look," the blog added.
"You’ll start noticing these changes on asb.co.nz, FastNet Classic web and mobile versions, FastNet Business, Virtual branch and our social media pages. So keep an eye out, and let us know what you think."
Asked for further comment an ASB spokesman said the bank would be upgrading its website over the next week to give it a "fresher, more modern look and feel" and greater consistency across its assorted websites.
"So it’s more a case of implementing some cosmetic changes as opposed to significant functional ones," the ASB spokesman said.
Last month he told interest.co.nz ASB staff were working with their advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi on the "next phase" of brand development.
This article was first published in our email for paid subscribers. See here for more details and to subscribe.