In this section
Offers for readers
The comment stream
- 1 of 31914
- 1 of 437
Bonds news stream
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 64
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Rates flatten 47
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Dairy prices up 30
- Fonterra cuts payout forecast 60c/kg 30
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Filling their boots 30
- While you were sleeping: Oil sinks as OPEC holds 28
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 26
- 90 seconds at 9 am: More oil turmoil 22
- 90 seconds at 9 am: More dairy price falls 21
- China wants to extradite corrupt officials living in NZ 20
CFO Adrienne Duarte says BNZ continues to attract deposit money in faster than it's lending money out
By Gareth Vaughan
BNZ has already raised the wholesale funding it requires for the current financial year, chief financial officer Adrienne Duarte says.
She also says the impact of stiff lending competition on net interest margins is being offset by "benign" deposit margins, and expensive peak global financial crisis (GFC) debt maturing.
This is an abridged version of this article. The full version was published in our email for paying subscribers. See here for more details and how to subscribe.