In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31915
- 1 of 437
The news stream
- Stop student loan 'parasites' like me 96
- Auckland home building rates slide vs rest of NZ 52
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Rates flatten 47
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Dairy prices up 30
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 27
- 'Value transfer' from savers to borrowers expected 19
- On the first day of Christmas... 12
- Farm sales steady but dairy units slide 10
- Public Service CEO salaries 9
- Treasury forecasts deficit in 2014/15 9
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.