In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30376
- 1 of 415
The news stream
- RBNZ hikes, but signals pause 57
- Taskforce to target 'loopy' council rules 51
- Bernard's election diary - July 22 46
- Bernard's election diary - July 23 40
- Time for government to wake up 27
- What happened Wednesday 21
- Landlords' rental yields declining sharply 19
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Markets ignore non-economic tensions 17
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 12
- Brownlee offers to resign; Key says no 10
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.