In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 28118
- 1 of 393
The news stream
- When prices goes bad 49
- Auckland house prices still scorching 47
- 90 seconds at 9 am: A WTO deal 25
- RBNZ 'should hike rates now' 19
- Monday's Top 10 at 10 12
- Bank mortgage margins fall 9
- JB Were downgrades NZ stocks 7
- A bit of an omnishambles really 7
- Westpac lowers floating rate 4
- Currency still the key to interest rate direction 3
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.