In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30761
- 1 of 422
The news stream
- Do first home buyer subsidies work? 146
- Most want foreign buying limits - poll 84
- Rents rise faster in Christchurch than Auckland 28
- Housing crisis worse than official figures show 26
- NZ First, Conservative surge in poll 21
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 15
- What happened today 11
- 'Fix now as low interest rates are unsustainable' 11
- RBNZ mum on talk of NZ$ intervention 9
- Property - NZ’s drug of choice 7
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.