In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 29492
- 1 of 407
The news stream
- When the 'kiwi dream' seems out of reach 87
- Immigration boom hits new peak 84
- RBNZ hikes OCR to 3% 50
- Why Forbes' bubble warning was over-blown 40
- ANZ targeting borrowers with 10% deposit 12
- 'We've set the bar too low' 12
- Shane Jones pulls the pin on Labour 11
- Who are the denialists now? 8
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Record crude stocks 4
- RBNZ has chance to adjust the message 4
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.