In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31506
- 1 of 432
The news stream
- English reminds savers of no guarantee 28
- RBNZ drops talk of future rate hikes 27
- Auckland Mayor tweaks commercial vs residential rates 16
- ANZ NZ annual profit up 25% 14
- What happened Friday 13
- Friday's guest Top 10 12
- 90 seconds at 9 am: US Fed ends QE 12
- HSBC offers one year mortgages at 5.39% 9
- Luxury waterfront apartment fails to sell for $195,000 9
- What happened Wednesday 9
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.