In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31445
- 1 of 431
The news stream
- My favourite topic – your golden watch 32
- OCR seen on hold until Sept 2015 31
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Australia squeezed 24
- Fletcher wins government housing contract 19
- Wheeler says LVR review coming in November 19
- Does money make money? 14
- Bernard's Top 10 14
- What happened Thursday 13
- Banks 'can and will be allowed to fail' 9
- Vendors holding out for more at apartment auction 9
NZ's big four banks rated high in the world's 50 safest banks
New Zealand's big four Australian owned banks have been rated inside the top 20 of the world's 50 safest banks, according to a study by Global Finance magazine.
National Australia Bank, which owns BNZ, was ranked at 11th safest, while ANZ was at 15th, Westpac was at 16th and ASB was at 18th. CBA, which is ASB's parent, was ranked 12th.
Here's the full list below. H/T Andy Hamilton.