In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 25889
- 1 of 365
Finance sector jobs
Significant Management Opportunity - Attractive Lifestyle Options - Values Driven Organisa...more
New Zealand's leading Fund Management business is seeking a highly competent Analyst to wo...more
See job description for details...more
The news stream
- Special housing legislation flawed 64
- 'Be brave & tackle home ownership tax status' 56
- Wednesday's Top 10 with NZ Mint 42
- A damn good idea 39
- Monday's Top 10 with NZ Mint 37
- Curbs on foreign housing investment? 31
- Key sees haircuts for Solid Energy's banks 25
- Let's get rid of property CVs 20
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Trade tension 13
- Quake claimants win in court 8
Debate over govt red-zone offer gets personal as quake recovery Minister Brownlee and Christchurch Labour MP Dalziel clash over Dalziel's position
The government's offer to red-zone homeowners in Christchurch has hit a personal note in Parliament.
Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee objected to questions from Christchurch-based Labour MP Lianne Dalziel on the government's plan to offer compensation to red-zone homeowners, as Dalziel herself was a red-zone resident.
That led Dalziel to give an explanation to the House about her personal situation in regards to her red-zone and insurance offer.
See the exchange in the video above.