In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30433
- 1 of 416
The news stream
- TSB Bank hikes floating mortgage rates 51
- Bernard's election diary - July 29 49
- Build up not out says Harcourts chief 37
- Why Green isn’t the best colour for water 34
- Joyce nationalises Novopay 14
- New Zealand’s "loser" towns 12
- Labour wants 100% swimmable rivers too 11
- 90 seconds at 9 am: NZD slips sharply 9
- Big drop in Fonterra forecast 9
- Monday's Top 10 7
Debate over govt red-zone offer gets personal as quake recovery Minister Brownlee and Christchurch Labour MP Dalziel clash over Dalziel's position
The government's offer to red-zone homeowners in Christchurch has hit a personal note in Parliament.
Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee objected to questions from Christchurch-based Labour MP Lianne Dalziel on the government's plan to offer compensation to red-zone homeowners, as Dalziel herself was a red-zone resident.
That led Dalziel to give an explanation to the House about her personal situation in regards to her red-zone and insurance offer.
See the exchange in the video above.