In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30831
- 1 of 423
The news stream
- What happened Monday 64
- Labour wants urgent Police Inquiry 62
- Hotchin behind attacks on Feeley 61
- When demand meets supply 42
- The hypocrisy of socially enforced charity 39
- Key rejects Royal Commission calls 31
- Monday's Top 10 9
- Mortgage rate drop 7
- GDP growth outlook being revised down 7
- Is this house a building? 6
Debate over govt red-zone offer gets personal as quake recovery Minister Brownlee and Christchurch Labour MP Dalziel clash over Dalziel's position
The government's offer to red-zone homeowners in Christchurch has hit a personal note in Parliament.
Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee objected to questions from Christchurch-based Labour MP Lianne Dalziel on the government's plan to offer compensation to red-zone homeowners, as Dalziel herself was a red-zone resident.
That led Dalziel to give an explanation to the House about her personal situation in regards to her red-zone and insurance offer.
See the exchange in the video above.