In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30793
- 1 of 422
The news stream
- Cunliffe seen winner on points in debate 38
- Collins resigns after 'gunning' for Feeley 30
- Fonterra's required run-rate problem 25
- Good bidding for apartments 23
- Friday's guest Top 10 19
- Raising the stakes by lowering the rate 14
- What happened Friday 13
- What's the future of banking? 13
- Labour down in Digipoll 7
- When demand meets supply 6
Debate over govt red-zone offer gets personal as quake recovery Minister Brownlee and Christchurch Labour MP Dalziel clash over Dalziel's position
The government's offer to red-zone homeowners in Christchurch has hit a personal note in Parliament.
Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee objected to questions from Christchurch-based Labour MP Lianne Dalziel on the government's plan to offer compensation to red-zone homeowners, as Dalziel herself was a red-zone resident.
That led Dalziel to give an explanation to the House about her personal situation in regards to her red-zone and insurance offer.
See the exchange in the video above.