In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 28091
- 1 of 393
The news stream
- Labour pushes bill curbing offshore house buyers 162
- Record Auckland house prices 43
- Govt pumps more money into Hobsonville 37
- Banks won't stand again in Epsom 28
- RBNZ projections 'surprised public' 25
- Friday's guest Top 10 at 10 20
- 90 seconds at 9 am: It's all good news 19
- Asset sales to net $4.6-$5 bln 16
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 14
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Stronger US growth 12
BNZ has effectively raised mortgage rates for short-term fixed periods by withdrawing 'special' offers and reverting to standard rates
BNZ has withdrawn its 4.95% fixed mortgage rate 'specials'.
The bank's 4.95% rate, which matched similar offers from other major banks, applied to its 'Classic home loan' product.
The only 'Classic' rate remaining is now for two years fixed.
At the same time, BNZ has reduced its Standard and 'Fly Buys' six month rate to 5.25% from 5.75%, a reduction of 50 bps.
BNZ's one year 'Standard' fixed rate remains at 5.25%.
The lowest six month fixed rate remains the one offered by Kiwibank at 4.85% - its "pre Christmas Special". HSBC also offer a 4.85% six month rate as part of its 'Premier' package.
ANZ, SBS, and Westpac all continue to offer a six month and a one year fixed rate at 4.95%. Resimac also offers a 4.95% rate for a fixed one-year term.