In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 25844
- 1 of 364
Finance sector jobs
New Zealand's leading Fund Management business is seeking a highly competent Analyst to wo...more
Significant Management Opportunity - Attractive Lifestyle Options - Values Driven Organisa...more
The news stream
- 'Let's plonk houses in paddocks' 81
- Down, down - more rate cuts for savers 50
- To the NZ media: an F 35
- Friday's Top 10 with NZ Mint 35
- Auckland's Unitary Plan will make housing less affordable 29
- S&P may cut TSB, Co-op, Heartland ratings 21
- Auckland's housing Hail Mary pass 19
- Lifestyle block prices still soaring 6
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Downgrades coming ? 4
BNZ has effectively raised mortgage rates for short-term fixed periods by withdrawing 'special' offers and reverting to standard rates
BNZ has withdrawn its 4.95% fixed mortgage rate 'specials'.
The bank's 4.95% rate, which matched similar offers from other major banks, applied to its 'Classic home loan' product.
The only 'Classic' rate remaining is now for two years fixed.
At the same time, BNZ has reduced its Standard and 'Fly Buys' six month rate to 5.25% from 5.75%, a reduction of 50 bps.
BNZ's one year 'Standard' fixed rate remains at 5.25%.
The lowest six month fixed rate remains the one offered by Kiwibank at 4.85% - its "pre Christmas Special". HSBC also offer a 4.85% six month rate as part of its 'Premier' package.
ANZ, SBS, and Westpac all continue to offer a six month and a one year fixed rate at 4.95%. Resimac also offers a 4.95% rate for a fixed one-year term.