In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31420
- 1 of 430
The news stream
- Auckland property no one-way bet - Key 64
- Mortgage competition heats up 23
- Migration hits all time high 23
- Introducing Elizabeth Kerr 19
- 'Loopy' property rules taskforce starts 17
- Best before: February 2014 15
- Monday's Top 10 14
- There are 17,592 more rented homes than a year ago 13
- Dairy inspections find disappointing practices 12
- Bernard's Top 10 11
BNZ has effectively raised mortgage rates for short-term fixed periods by withdrawing 'special' offers and reverting to standard rates
BNZ has withdrawn its 4.95% fixed mortgage rate 'specials'.
The bank's 4.95% rate, which matched similar offers from other major banks, applied to its 'Classic home loan' product.
The only 'Classic' rate remaining is now for two years fixed.
At the same time, BNZ has reduced its Standard and 'Fly Buys' six month rate to 5.25% from 5.75%, a reduction of 50 bps.
BNZ's one year 'Standard' fixed rate remains at 5.25%.
The lowest six month fixed rate remains the one offered by Kiwibank at 4.85% - its "pre Christmas Special". HSBC also offer a 4.85% six month rate as part of its 'Premier' package.
ANZ, SBS, and Westpac all continue to offer a six month and a one year fixed rate at 4.95%. Resimac also offers a 4.95% rate for a fixed one-year term.