In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31409
- 1 of 430
The news stream
- Auckland property no one-way bet - Key 60
- Not so guaranteed 28
- 'Loopy' property rules taskforce starts 17
- Monday's Top 10 14
- There are 17,592 more rented homes than a year ago 13
- English eyes more state house sales 10
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Chinese doubts 8
- What happened Monday 7
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Pumped margins 7
- Introducing Elizabeth Kerr 6
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.