In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 29494
- 1 of 407
The news stream
- When the 'kiwi dream' seems out of reach 95
- Immigration boom hits new peak 84
- RBNZ hikes OCR to 3% 55
- ANZ targeting borrowers with 10% deposit 12
- 'We've set the bar too low' 12
- Shane Jones pulls the pin on Labour 11
- Who are the denialists now? 8
- 'A disruptive play against the banks' 7
- ANZ first out of blocks, again 4
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Record crude stocks 4
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.