In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30391
- 1 of 416
The news stream
- RBNZ hikes, but signals pause 74
- Brownlee offers to resign; Key says no 19
- 'Book your parity party venue' 16
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 16
- Bernard's election diary - July 25 12
- Apartment market runs out of puff 11
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Low rate angst 8
- Debt free farm slices to tempt investors 6
- What happened Friday 5
- RBNZ sitting tight on LVR restrictions 5
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.