In this section
Follow the news from interest
Offers for readers
The comment stream
- 1 of 32768
- 1 of 447
The news stream
- Key to rip up RMA reforms 50
- A 'good' deflation debate 47
- Govt promotes renewable energy 29
- 90 seconds at 9 am: A tax on bank deposits 18
- The inconvenient truth of inflation and economic growth 17
- Be penny-wise, pound-rich 16
- Building consents flat in February 14
- Parity arrives ! 11
- What happened Tuesday 9
- 90 seconds at 9 am: US growth sags 9
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.