In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31449
- 1 of 431
The news stream
- My favourite topic – your golden watch 32
- OCR seen on hold until Sept 2015 31
- Wheeler says LVR review coming in November 25
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Australia squeezed 24
- Wealth incentivises the heart of capitalism 22
- Does money make money? 21
- Fletcher wins government housing contract 19
- What happened Thursday 13
- Vendors holding out for more at apartment auction 12
- Banks 'can and will be allowed to fail' 9
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.