In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 32177
- 1 of 439
The news stream
- The housing crisis has nothing to do with the RMA 89
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Sharp falls everywhere 28
- Annual migration growth tops 50k for 1st time 25
- What would Mr Lee do? 21
- What happened Friday 12
- Norman to stand down as Green Co-Leader 10
- To cut or not to cut 5
- ANZ sets new 1yr mortgage rate at market low 4
- First home affordability improves a smidgen 4
- Not much for under $1m on the North Shore 1
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.