In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 30457
- 1 of 417
The news stream
- National lead slumps in Roy Morgan poll 54
- Joyce nationalises Novopay 44
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 29
- The bank wins, savers lose 29
- Craig, Peters slam Lochinver sale to Pengxin 25
- Risk of big house price fall 'moderating' 10
- What happened Wednesday 10
- Trade Me concedes to agents on fees 9
- 90 seconds at 9 am: NZD slips sharply 9
- Youi enters NZ insurance market 5
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.