In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31729
- 1 of 434
The news stream
- RBNZ to go back to its toolbox? 30
- While you were sleeping: Oil sinks as OPEC holds 27
- IRD targets property speculators 19
- $512k gets you 56sq m in downtown Auckland 10
- Housing costs rising faster than incomes 8
- Smith and Auckland Housing Accord praised and damned 8
- Friday's guest Top 10 7
- What happened Thursday 6
- Can mining revive rural economies? 5
- Disappointing US data 5
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.