In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 29437
- 1 of 406
The news stream
- Selling houses to foreigners 'benefits NZers' 57
- Why NZ's productivity is an OECD laggard 40
- Inflation weaker than expected 37
- 'Auckland housing doesn't make sense' 31
- Dairy NZ says won't be water 'whipping boy' any more 23
- Chinese developer to build Auckland hotel 21
- Govt scales back Genesis bids sharply 18
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 16
- Genesis shares an instant hit 11
- Is there really a housing shortage? 10
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.