In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31064
- 1 of 426
The news stream
- National wins 2014 Election 126
- Lift your horizons 78
- Clean, green and up to our necks in debt 34
- National in complete control 18
- MIE meat industry plan out soon 10
- 'National-led Government wins mandate for RMA reforms' 8
- 'Classic snake oil tactics' 8
- Monday's guest Top 10 6
- Time for Key to define his place in history 5
- Comparing poll accuracy 2
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.