In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 28079
- 1 of 393
The news stream
- Labour pushes bill curbing offshore house buyers 143
- Record Auckland house prices 43
- Banks won't stand again in Epsom 28
- 90 seconds at 9 am: It's all good news 19
- Govt pumps more money into Hobsonville 18
- Asset sales to net $4.6-$5 bln 16
- Bernard's Top 10 at 10 14
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Stronger US growth 11
- LVR's 'unfair on rest of country' 11
- Buyers and lenders 'get wise to LVRs' 11
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.