In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31939
- 1 of 437
The news stream
- Rental market squeezed by higher rents and fewer new tenancies 17
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Prepare for rate rises, says Fed 11
- University won't necessarily make you a better person 10
- Why so slow? 10
- The 10 numbers of 2014 6
- 2014's top stories 3
- What happened Monday 2
- Holiday briefing: Chinese banking quake 1
- The Sheep Deer and Cattle Report 1
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.