In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31184
- 1 of 427
The news stream
- Key does deals with Dunne, Seymour 40
- RBNZ sold a net NZ$521 mln in August 26
- Monday's guest Top 10 26
- What happened Monday 24
- Parker interim Labour leader as brawl erupts 18
- Housing unaffordability a key factor in child poverty 14
- English welcomes NZ$ fall 14
- 90 seconds at 9 am: NZD has 11% fall 13
- Key gives green light for RBNZ intervention 13
- Auckland landlords expect to raise rents 5% or less 13
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.