In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 31506
- 1 of 432
The news stream
- English reminds savers of no guarantee 28
- RBNZ drops talk of future rate hikes 27
- Auckland Mayor tweaks commercial vs residential rates 16
- What happened Friday 13
- ANZ NZ annual profit up 25% 13
- Friday's guest Top 10 12
- 90 seconds at 9 am: US Fed ends QE 12
- HSBC offers one year mortgages at 5.39% 9
- Luxury waterfront apartment fails to sell for $195,000 9
- What happened Wednesday 9
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.