In this section
Offers for readers
Follow the news from interest
The comment stream
- 1 of 28986
- 1 of 402
The news stream
- English warns 'anti-sprawl' councils 65
- Barfoot & Thompson sales slump 13.6% 61
- Minister lauds migrant inflow 39
- Friday's guest Top 10 11
- LVR impact on house prices 'muted' 10
- Real estate agents vs private sales 9
- Inflation 'will top 3%' 8
- 90 seconds at 9 am: Wealthy Americans 5
- QV: House price growth slowing 5
- The Warehouse moves into finance 5
NZ has largest ever annual net migration loss to Australia of 35,758 in year to November 2011, Stats NZ figures show
New Zealand experienced its largest ever net loss of migrants to Australia in the year to November 2011 as 35,758 more people departed across the Tasman than arrived during the year, Statistics New Zealand says.
The net loss surpassed the previous high of 35,400 recorded in the year to December 2008, and was up from a net loss of 20,075 in the year to November 2010, figures show.
In both directions, most migrants were New Zealand citizens.