European sovereign debt crisis

19th Dec 12, 10:05am
Odds on NZ taxpayers helping fund more European sovereign bailouts via the International Monetary Fund have increased, Treasury says
Odds on NZ taxpayers helping fund more European sovereign bailouts via the International Monetary Fund have increased, Treasury says
19th Dec 12, 10:05am
18th Sep 12, 8:04am
Why the Productivity Commission recommends against an Australia-New Zealand monetary union; Would require political union
Why the Productivity Commission recommends against an Australia-New Zealand monetary union; Would require political union
18th Sep 12, 8:04am
9th Sep 12, 2:48pm
APEC discussions tempered by dose of realism about European economic woes, Key says; But NZ in good position to face headwinds
APEC discussions tempered by dose of realism about European economic woes, Key says; But NZ in good position to face headwinds
9th Sep 12, 2:48pm
5th Sep 12, 4:10pm
Local Government Funding Agency boss says 'aspirational' pricing target rendered 'pretty ambitious' by Euro-zone debt crisis
Local Government Funding Agency boss says 'aspirational' pricing target rendered 'pretty ambitious' by Euro-zone debt crisis
5th Sep 12, 4:10pm
30th Aug 12, 2:39pm
Former RBA board member McKibbin on NZ's positive long-term economic prospects, why the US has an inflation shock coming, and how to wind back fiscal stimulus
Former RBA board member McKibbin on NZ's positive long-term economic prospects, why the US has an inflation shock coming, and how to wind back fiscal stimulus
30th Aug 12, 2:39pm
16th Jul 12, 10:07am
NZ Govt still on track for 2014/15 surplus, despite prospect of 'subdued world growth, or even recession,' PM Key says; 'World is now a different place'
NZ Govt still on track for 2014/15 surplus, despite prospect of 'subdued world growth, or even recession,' PM Key says; 'World is now a different place'
16th Jul 12, 10:07am
14th Jun 12, 2:47pm
Reserve Bank gives 60% chance of Euro muddle-through; 30% that Greece leaves euro; 10% others will follow Greece
Reserve Bank gives 60% chance of Euro muddle-through; 30% that Greece leaves euro; 10% others will follow Greece
14th Jun 12, 2:47pm
14th Jun 12, 9:07am
Reserve Bank canvasses effects of major European downturn, Greece leaving eurozone
Reserve Bank canvasses effects of major European downturn, Greece leaving eurozone
14th Jun 12, 9:07am
11th Jun 12, 5:36pm
PM Key thinks Europe will "muddle-through" crisis; "Utterly convinced" about Merkel's resolve; Feeling better about NZ's position
PM Key thinks Europe will "muddle-through" crisis; "Utterly convinced" about Merkel's resolve; Feeling better about NZ's position
11th Jun 12, 5:36pm
11th Jun 12, 8:17am
PM Key: Sense large Eurozone nations addressing structural problems, are very committed to euro, following talks with Germany's Merkel
PM Key: Sense large Eurozone nations addressing structural problems, are very committed to euro, following talks with Germany's Merkel
11th Jun 12, 8:17am
21st May 12, 5:57pm
Key won't budge on Super at 65 stance even if European situation deteriorates to point where govt needs to look at policy changes
Key won't budge on Super at 65 stance even if European situation deteriorates to point where govt needs to look at policy changes
21st May 12, 5:57pm
21st May 12, 4:56pm
PM Key says NZ Government would delay move to surplus beyond 2014/15 and borrow more if Euro crisis worsens considerably
PM Key says NZ Government would delay move to surplus beyond 2014/15 and borrow more if Euro crisis worsens considerably
21st May 12, 4:56pm
8th May 12, 4:19pm
English welcomes NZ$ fall, Key eyes effect of EU downturn on China following anti-austerity Greek, French and German election results
English welcomes NZ$ fall, Key eyes effect of EU downturn on China following anti-austerity Greek, French and German election results
8th May 12, 4:19pm
20th Apr 12, 5:23pm
Economist Nicole Foss talks to Amanda Morrall about peak oil, euro zone crisis, the next Great Depression and the big "trap" that is Auckland's housing market. Your view?
Economist Nicole Foss talks to Amanda Morrall about peak oil, euro zone crisis, the next Great Depression and the big "trap" that is Auckland's housing market. Your view?
20th Apr 12, 5:23pm
16th Apr 12, 3:20pm
Risk aversion back as fears over Spain mount; Local eyes on Thursday's CPI as speculation continues over possible QE3
Risk aversion back as fears over Spain mount; Local eyes on Thursday's CPI as speculation continues over possible QE3
16th Apr 12, 3:20pm
10th Apr 12, 4:10pm
Kiwi dollar has sights set on A80 cents, HiFX's Dan Bell says, with broad strength driven by speculation of QEIII from US Fed
Kiwi dollar has sights set on A80 cents, HiFX's Dan Bell says, with broad strength driven by speculation of QEIII from US Fed
10th Apr 12, 4:10pm
16th Mar 12, 12:13pm
NZ expects to be called on to help with €130 billion Greek bailout through IMF credit lines; Could we be lending over NZ$200 million?
NZ expects to be called on to help with €130 billion Greek bailout through IMF credit lines; Could we be lending over NZ$200 million?
16th Mar 12, 12:13pm
9th Mar 12, 4:15pm
The Reserve Bank says banks cutting fixed-term mortgage rates suggests they have comfort around funding cost pressures
The Reserve Bank says banks cutting fixed-term mortgage rates suggests they have comfort around funding cost pressures
9th Mar 12, 4:15pm
5th Mar 12, 4:25pm
Dutch co-op Rabobank, a key rural lender in NZ, posts 5% drop in annual profit, sees tough 2012 ahead
Dutch co-op Rabobank, a key rural lender in NZ, posts 5% drop in annual profit, sees tough 2012 ahead
5th Mar 12, 4:25pm
23rd Feb 12, 4:41pm
Fletcher Building moves to 'right size' its business as low volumes, weak markets and strong NZ and Aussie dollars take a toll
Fletcher Building moves to 'right size' its business as low volumes, weak markets and strong NZ and Aussie dollars take a toll
23rd Feb 12, 4:41pm

Pages