We regularly have opinion polls on interest.co.nz/ratesblog. They often provide an interesting 'wisdom of crowds' perspective on current events. However, they only give readers one option to tick and no chance to debate the topic fully. Here's our latest poll, which we hope will be topical in the week of the jobs summit. What will the unemployment rate be by the end of 2010?
- 6%. The world isn't ending. The doomsayers need to get back on their meds.
- 7%. The recession is serious, but will bottom out soon
- 8%. This is serious and it's a big increase from 4.6% now.
- 9%. This will be our worst recession since late 80s, early 90s
- 10%. The Pollyannas are dreaming. This is a global economic catastrophe
- Over 10%. Buckle up. This is the worst economic shock since the 1930s.
- Over 20%. Depression. There it is. The D word. In public.
Will the jobs summit come up with anything useful? What's the best way to combat rising unemployment? Your views? Comments below please.