Westpac has announced increases for its term deposit interest rates.
These increases apply to all rates for an 18 month term and longer.
They apply from Friday, September 6, 2013.
The changes to their standard term deposits and term PIE Fund are:
- 18 month rate increases to 4.20% (from 4.10%)
- 2 year rate increases to 4.40% from (4.20%)
- 3 year rate increases to 4.70% (from 4.40%)
- 4 year rate increases to 5.00% (from 4.55%) (not available as a PIE)
- 5 year rate increases to 5.30% (from 4.70%) (not available as a PIE)
Term deposit monthly income option:
- SuperGold Special 2 year rate increases to 4.40% (from 4.20%)
These increases match recent rises announced by BNZ.
They position Westpac as set out in this table: