The NZDUSD opens at 0.6448 (mid-rate) this morning.
The USD continued to make gains as investors awaited this morning’s FOMC Meeting Minutes with the key points listed below.
FOMC members wanted to convey Dec liftoff may be appropriate.
- Fed officials mostly agreed on gradual accommodation removal.
- Fed officials encouraged by solid pace of spending, investment.
- Fed officials said actual liftoff decision to depend on data.
- Most Fed officials said liftoff conditions could be met by Dec.
- Several fed officials said downside risks to outlook remained.
- A number of fed officials saw reasons to avoid delaying liftoff.
At this stage currencies have had little reaction to the minutes.
Global equity markets are mixed - Dow +0.75%, S&P 500 +0.74%, FTSE +0.16%, DAX -0.10%, CAC -0.62%, Nikkei +0.09%, Shanghai -1.01%.
Gold prices are holding steady at $1068.50 an ounce, WTI Crude Oil prices continue to slide currently trading at $40.12 a barrel.
NZDUSD 0.6448 -0.3%
NZDEUR 0.6050 -0.4%
NZDGBP 0.4230 -0.5%
NZDJPY 79.60 -0.2%
NZDAUD 0.9086 0.0%
NZDCAD 0.8605 -0.2%
To subscribe to our free daily Currency Rate Sheet and News email, enter your email address here.